Bravo’s newest reality show, Start-Ups: Silicon Valley, premieres tonight. I’ll do a full review tomorrow but I did get to see a sneak peek today and this is what Silicon Valley entrepreneurs are like, according to Bravo.
1) Everyone has awesome houses in Silicon Valley
2) One character is actually living the same life as Eloise from Eloise At The Plaza except it is the Four Seasons and instead of a pug she has a little white dog.
3) Everyone is extremely attractive, even the engineers.
4) Apparently house parties are all the rage in Silicon Valley, especially costumed-theme ones. Didn’t these people get their fill of those in college? They probably all dropped out to join startups.
5) Everyone is dating everyone, even the engineers.
6) Female entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley have awesome jewelery
7) There is only about 10 minutes of the show that are devoted to showing what these people actually do and five of those include an excruciating pitch meeting that was painful for everyone involved.
8) The blond female entrepreneur with the British accent is cooler than the blond female entrepreneur who doesn’t have a British accent but the brunette entrepreneur seems the most chill.
9) Being a lifecaster is an actual occupation in Silicon Valley.
10) Never take a hungover cat nap under a potential investor’s desk before said meeting with that investor.
11) BONUS: People named Hermione do exist…in Silicon Valley and at Hogwarts.
So, I’m not sure, but I don’t know if this is the most honest portrayal of entrepreneur-life in Silicon Valley. I’ll be looking into it.