Jim and Pam Halpert may have had one of the greatest fantasy relationships in TV, but a new survey suggests the start of their office romance was nothing out of the ordinary: A whopping 54% of workers have had sex with a coworker.
To their surprise, about 2,500 readers responded, making it one of their largest online surveys ever. Here are some of the results
- 90% of workers say employees who don’t work directly with each other, but who work at the same company, should be allowed to have sex
- 36% of workers say managers should be allowed to have sex with subordinates
- 92% of workers say they shouldn’t have to tell HR about their dalliances
- 90% of respondents admit having been attracted to a colleague (and the other 10% are liars)
- The majority of respondents guessed that only 20% to 40% of their colleagues have ever slept with a colleague …
- … But 54% of respondents said they had!
You can read all the fascinating results over at Business Insider. Fascinating — but non-scientific. This was just an online survey, after all. Business Insider’s readers may be particularly young and/or sexy, or work in industries where hookups are more common. Still, it’s enough to make you look around the office with an eye toward gossip.