Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 hits theaters today and is sure to make bank, bring laughs, and have some kickass action scenes. The Guardians themselves — Groot, Star-Lord, Gamora, Rocket, Drax, Mantis, and Nebula — present a lot of the conflicts we can occasionally face at work, even though they’re fighting to save the galaxy and not land clients. Still, we can learn a lot about team work from this bunch.
1. Don’t be afraid to reject taking on more than you can handle.
If a coworker asks if you want to help on a project and you have a lot on your plate:
2. Show enthusiasm for a great offer.
You earned it!
3. Be the cure to everyone else’s case of the Mondays.
4. Know your unique skills and their value.
5. Adapt your communication styles for different people.
6. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
8. Find good in everyone. Everyone is a potential mentor!
9. Keep your workspace clean.
10. Approach office romances with caution.
11. Respect all safety protocols.
12. Maintain a sense of humor.