In case you were hoping to escape the stress of work by going home, tough luck: A new study suggests we’re more stressed at home than we are in the office. A Penn State study (via NBC News) of an … More
As the end of the day approaches, I hope you’re not facing an evening alone with Microsoft Outlook. But even when you do get home, it can be hard to unwind. It’s important to find time at the end of each day to unwind and allow yourself to relax, allow yourself to shut off the voices in your head piping up about emails you still need to send and impending deadlines and those performance reviews you haven’t started yet. I get it.
The truth is you will do all of those things better tomorrow if you take time for yourself tonight. Spend time with family and focus on the present. We all know if we don’t take care of ourselves, stress only increases. And stress causes wrinkles. More
Flying a plane has to come with plenty of pressure. All those lives are in your hands as you soar up above the clouds. It’s enough to make anyone a little stressed. Or very, very intensely stressed.
In what had to be a truly terrifying experience for the passengers and crew, a JetBlue pilot seemed to suffer from a midair breakdown on the way to Las Vegas from New York City. The captain started behaving erratically in the cockpit and was soon locked out by his co-pilot to keep him from putting the flight in danger. Authorities are now saying that Captain Clay Osbon, who is 49 years old, suffered from a panic attack.
We hope that Captain Osbon recovers. But we also want to take this moment to talk about the importance of de-stressing and a couple ways to keep calm in the office. More
• Classic Hollywood scandals. (The Hairpin)
• What to do when your friends only talk about their kids. (Double X)
• Enjoyable ways to de-stress. (Third Age)
• How long we can keep secrets. (HuffPost Women)
• Global entrepreneurship week. (Women 2.0)
• Celebrities that pose topless. (The Frisky)
• Ways to get better at costumer service. (Divine Caroline)
• How to make him hear you. (YourTango)
• The L’Oréal Paris women of worth contest. (YouBeauty)
• Check out Michael J Fox’s Back To The Future rock out. (The Stir)